LatinX in AI (LXAI) @ ICML 2021
July 19 @ 7:30 am - 7:00 pm PDT
Important: This ICML LatinXinAI workshop will require a registration fee from ICML.
Latinx in AI at ICML 2020
Important: This ICML LatinXinAI workshop will require a registration fee from ICML. However, ICML provides financial support to our community. If you are interested, please fill this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfzKhy_w6upi6otyB5wEFUsNzvn8QVQRnEYijWjinXYesG_yQ/viewform
The Official LXAI Research Workshop is co-located with ICML 2020 http://www.latinxinai.org/icml-2020. Although the original venue was supposed to be in Vienna-Austria, at the Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center; due to the Covid19 outbreak, the workshop as well as the conference will be done virtually in the correponding dates. The details can be found on the web page https://icml.cc/
This workshop will have a virtual program with invited keynote speakers, oral speakers as well as Poster presenters
Our mission is to increase representation of our communities at the main conference and create a platform allowing our members to share their work, gain access to mentoring, collaborations, and networking opportunities with other researchers in artificial intelligence. There will be a panel discussion and a mentoring session to discuss current research trends and career choices in artificial intelligence and machine learning. The event aims to highlight work by Latinx researchers and we invite everyone to attend.
Travel Grants: Since the workshop will be virtual, the grants obtained by the participants, will be used for the registration of the participants to the main conferenece and other workshops.
- General & Logistics Co-Chairs — Miguel Alonso (Unity Technologies) and Maria Luisa Santiago (Accel.AI)
- Program Committee Co-Chairs — Leonel Rozo (Bosch Center for AI (BCAI) and Gabriel de Oliveira Ramos (Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos (Unisinos)
- Sponsor & Finance Co-Chairs — Cristian Canton Ferrer (Facebook)
- Presentation Chairs — Felipe Affonso (Genial Investimentos), Rocio Milagros Zorrilla Coz (LNCC)
- Volunteer Chair — Erick Mendez Guzman (Manchester University)
- Mentoring Chair — Pedro Braga (Universidade Federal de Pernambuco), Diana Diaz (University of Illinois at Chicago), Vinicius Carida (Data and AI – Itaú Unibanco & GDE), Lourdes Ramírez Cerna (National University of Trujillo)
- Website & Public Relations — Walter Mayor Toro (Universidad Autonoma de Occidente), Vanessa Gilède (LXAI Program Coordinator)
- Pablo Samuel Castro, Google
- Felipe Leno de Silva, Advanced Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Jorge Luis Guevara Diaz, IBM Research
- Javier Turek, Intel Labs
- Xavier Sumba, Apache Software Foundation
- Elvis Saravia, Facebook AI
- Eduardo Moya, Gobierno del estado de Jalisco, México
- Ariel Ruiz-Garcia, SeeChange.ai
- Juan Banda, Georgia State University
- Ignacio Lopez-Francos, NASA Ames Research Center
- Fabian Latorre, EPFL Lausanne
- Carlos Miranda, Buawei
Thank you to our amazing sponsors that are making this event possible!
Platinum: Google Research
Gold: Microsoft, Facebook