The Latino Coalition Against COVID-19 Action Summit
See Team Descriptions below
- Membership & Recruitment
- Fundraising And Finance
- Public Relations & Communications
- Regional/State Representatives / Liaison
- Research & Policy Action Group
- Health Communication Action Group
- Health Care Action Group
Interactive Org Chart & Coalition Structure
Thank you for engaging with us during these past few months as we developed this coalition into one that can meaningfully impact the health of Latinos now, throughout this health crisis, and into the future. As we reflected on our mission and progress, it became clear that we needed to formalize our organizational structure in order to maximize the power of our members and to function as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Following discussions with many of you, we came up with the following organizational model:
- Advisory Board/Organizational Partners: Consists of organizational representatives from the various agencies/groups in our coalition, this group meets infrequently to guide our priorities, goals and actions.
- Action Groups: Responsible for carrying out the work of the coalition and producing deliverables.
- Administrative Teams: Responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks required to keep this coalition running smoothly.
- State Ambassadors/Chapter Leads: Responsible for spreading our mission and coordinating activities at the state and local levels.
There will be three Action Groups, whose goals are as follows:
- The Health Communications & Outreach Action Group: To develop culturally appropriate health communication strategies, campaigns, and community-based interventions to improve communication and outreach to Latino communities and shape public opinion.
- The Health Care Delivery Action Group: To improve equity in health care through interventions focused on the patient, provider, and health system level.
- The Research & Policy Action Group: To analyze data and trends to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the health of Latino communities, and to coordinate action with policymakers to implement change.
The following four Administrative Teams will ensure the Coalition runs as smoothly as possible:
- The Internal Communications Team: Responsible for providing ongoing administrative support (e.g., responding to emails, planning meetings, taking minutes, creating Zoom links, Doodle polls, etc.) to ensure effective communication and coordination among coalition members.
- The Fundraising & Finance Team: Responsible for managing our accounting and financial control functions and developing a strategy for sustainability and long-term growth.
- The Membership & Recruitment Team: Responsible for membership operations including recruitment and retention of members, onboarding, orienting, guiding, supporting, and motivating new and existing members.
- The Public Relations & External Communications Team: Responsible for developing our overall public relations strategy, which includes maintaining our website and social media accounts, conducting digital outreach, handling media relations, and helping with event advertisement and publicity.